Question

Unique issue in Shopify environment

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have a problem.

I start to review a flow of zapier in production which concerns communication from shopify to salesforce.

Shopify has a single environment that is used in production has no test environments.

If I after testing by turning off the zapier and then to test with the integrated systems I have to publish the zapier, the trigger of shopify it is connected to the same environment as the active zap in production.

Could I would have problems if two triggers are targeting the same environment? if so how can I solve it?

Thank you for your attention and support.

Best Regards,

Rosaria

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rosaria1979 

To help give us more context, which Zap triggers are you trying to use? (screenshots)

You can have multiple Zaps using the same app account connecting in Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I described the problem to you, I'll try to explain it better.

The trigger Zap that it is in use is Shopify event New Customer.

Here is the screenshot:

My doubt is:

I have to review this flow in production ok? When I will publish this modified flow, since shopify has a single environment which is the production one. 

Are there any problems when two streams with the trigger pointing to the same production environment are published at the same time? 

Can't it happen that the two flows are triggered together?

The problem would arise when it is necessary to carry out tests in a test environment because Shopify has a single production environment but Salesforce does not also have a test environment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rosaria1979 

If multiple Zaps have the same Zap trigger app/event, then each Zap would fire and process according to the logic for the Zap action steps.

When in doubt, test it out.

Userlevel 1

Hi, if in a zap there isn’t different logic after the trigger shopify that distinguishing the occurrence of one action from the other, can it happen that starting the triggers of both applications involves the overwriting of things in production?

Thank you for your response and availability

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rosaria1979 

That depends on how the Zap action steps are configured in each Zap.