Skip to main content

Hey all,

I’m trying to setup a trigger from Twitch to post a message whenever a certain game is streamed. The game does have a category / page on twitch, and has been streamed many times over the last few years. However, when I search for it in the Configure part of the trigger, I do get a list that dynamically updates as I type, but the game I’m looking for is not found.

Is there a reason for this, or a solution I can take?

I’ve tried adding the game’s name as a “Custom Value” instead of “Static”, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Hi @GuerrillaGorilla 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi Troy,

I’ve attached images showing me trying to insert the game “Descenders”, one of the games we’d like to get messages about. As you can see, it’s not included in the list, unfortunately.

However, you can see it is a proper channel on Twitch’s site: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/category/descenders.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this, or how I could solve it?

@GuerrillaGorilla 

If you know the ID of the Game, then you can try using the ...] button to switch modes in order to set a static value of the Game ID.

e.g. Game ID is 491931 for Escape from Tarkov