Skip to main content

Zapier taking extremely long to trigger new or updated spreadsheet row trigger when a trigger column is updated. Sometimes 7 minutes, sometimes 20. sometimes 5. its extremely unpredictable. Is there a way to trigger on demand? the tablers feature doesnt allow the character limit i need so that wont work. is make.com my only option?

Hi @PaulyP 

Which spreadsheet app are you using in the Zap?

google sheets

@PaulyP 

GSheets help links:

Consider using Airtable instead of GSheets.

NOTE: Airtable triggers are scheduled and can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Is there a faster way… I know make.com lets you do it immediately

I have the professional zapier plan. does that take 1 minute to trigger with airtable.

@PaulyP 

Zapier plans/pricing and features which details the trigger time interval for non-instant Zap triggers:

https://zapier.com/pricing

If you are trying to use another integration platform, make sure to check their documentation and requirements for that app.

That doesnt make sense to me. it says 2 minutes for pro… mine take 7

@PaulyP

There could be other reason impacting your Zap triggering.

We’d need more info and screenshot about how your GSheet is configured and how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

I feel like im getting trolled here

@PaulyP 

There could be other reason impacting your Zap triggering.

We’d need more info and screenshot about how your GSheet is configured and how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

@PaulyP 

From one of the previously provided help links:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/29384048552205-Google-Sheets-error-Zap-not-triggering

Google Sheets error: Zap not triggering

Symptoms

When using Google Sheet triggers in your Zap, the Zap does not run even though the spreadsheet was updated. Your Zap is turned on, but there is no corresponding Zap run in your Zap history.

Causes

This happens when you make any of the following structural changes to your spreadsheet:

• Delete existing rows or columns.
  • Add rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.
  • Sort your worksheet.
  • Rename, add, or rearrange columns.
  • Rename your spreadsheet or worksheet.
  • Add frozen, hidden, or protected columns or rows.

Any of these changes will break the connection between Zapier and your spreadsheet.

How to fix it

To fix this:

• Turn your Zap off. 
  • Update your spreadsheet.
  • Re-test your Google Sheets triggers or actions in any connected Zaps. Depending on the changes you made, you may need to remap fields.
  • Turn the Zap on again. 
  • Before making any structural changes to your spreadsheet, you must repeat this process every time you or a teammate updates the spreadsheet.
  • Alternatively, you could switch to using another spreadsheet app such as Zapier Tables. Zapier Tables lets you use your table in the following ways without affecting your Zaps:
    • Create views or filters to display subsets of a table’s data. 
    • Trigger and continue Zaps from records, either manually or automatically when a record is created or updated. 
    • Add rows anywhere within a table.
    • Delete rows within a table. However, deleting a column used in your Zap will cause it to break.

@PaulyP 

Related Zapier Community topics for GSheet zap triggers that may provide guidance:

https://community.zapier.com/search?q=google%20sheets%20not%20triggering&source%5B0%5D=community