Skip to main content

I am trying to pull message content from channels/direct messages/discussions from within RocketChat. I am trying to take specific messages from the Chats and to then insert it elsewhere (airtable for example)

I have made sure I am connected with correct permissions. But I have run into the following odd issues:

1. When trying to catch starred messages - Zapier is not finding any (but i know there are). I have tried testing with starring private messages, team messages, channel messages etc. but Zapier will not find them even though the trigger is called “starred message anywhere

2. When trying to catch pinned messages - the trigger works, but there is no where i can see to catch the actual message content - but rather only message related meta, eg: Room ID, username, date etc.

Also, When trying to catch any message with a specific word included (using a filter) - here too, there is no way to access the actual message content.

In the RocketChat API, i see there is a key called ‘msg’ which contains the data i need, but it is not available to select in the variable list (example below)

Thanks in advance for helping on these 2 issues.

Be the first to reply!