Zapier Utils: Find Zap by Webhook URL [Chrome Extension]

• 6 February 2020
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone,

I have recently answered a question about finding a zap that is associated with a webhook URL without having to open every single zap to look for which one contains the webhook URL. So I wrote a script that can actually scan all the zaps and then outputs the zap URL that is associated with webhook URL provided by the user.

image.pngimage.pngThis obviously requires the user to open the Browser dev tools then paste the script and replace the webhook URL before executing the script. I thought this had to be simpler, so I went ahead and built an open source Chrome extension for it.

Untitled Image

I hope this can be helpful for anybody who might need it.

Links

16 replies

Userlevel 1

This is exactly what i need man. Does this still work? I have loaded the extension but the window disappears as soon as I enter the URL and click Find Zap

Got it working - wow amazing stuff. 

Userlevel 1

This is exactly what i need man. Does this still work? I have loaded the extension but the window disappears as soon as I enter the URL and click Find Zap

me just now: ***stops screaming into the void***

ikbelkirasan 3 years ago: you welcome

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mdesousa - Unfortunately, that hook URL format isn’t supported by this utility. I couldn’t find an API endpoint that could be used for finding the related zap.

Hi @ikbelkirasan , this utility would be very helpful to us… but keep getting an “Invalid Webhook URL”.

The webhook that i’m using for looks like this: https://hooks.zapier.com/hooks/standard/9999999/{{uuid}}/

Does the tool work with this? Looks different from the url in the video, which has “/hook/catch” in the path.

Anything I can do to resolve?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LyncrestMedia@Wizpic and @GymSales Support - Thanks for reporting those issues. I’ve updated the extension to fix them. You’ll need to remove the old version from your browser then download & install the new version from the repository.

@ikbelkirasan Running into the same error. This would have been an excellent tool for our team to have used as well. Any chance we can get this tool fixed?

Userlevel 1

Getting this error  on the extension 

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan Hey! This looks great but it doesn’t seem to be working. Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Amazing solution. Thank you very much for making this available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@PaulKortman - Sure, I'll add this soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ikbelkirasan I realized I needed to find which zap was calling a specific Webhook URL and I tried using this extension, but it just finds the Zap which triggers off of the specified webhook URL. But I'd love to find all the zaps that call a specific URL and in what step. Is this possible to add?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul - Yes! I think it is possible to do that too. I will probably add this to the extension when I get the chance.

Userlevel 1

Impressive! I assume this code could be modified to find all zaps using a certain code string or a certain spreadsheet like formula?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is incredible stuff @ikbelkirasan!