News

Exciting updates to your Zapier plan!

Categories: Product Updates Announcements
Exciting updates to your Zapier plan!

I’m excited to share that we’re improving what’s offered with Zapier plans. We’ve implemented three massive changes to help you get the most out of Zapier:

1. More Zaps: We’re removing the Zap limits on Free and Starter plans. We want everyone to be free to build as many Zaps they want. So now, every plan offers unlimited Zaps. 
  2. More flexible: It can be hard to predict sudden spikes in task usage, which can lead to unexpectedly large bills or your Zaps turning off. With the introduction of a pay-per-task billing if you exceed your plan's task limit, you can pay for each additional task at 1.25x the price of a task on your current subscription. 
  3. More valuable: Filter, Formatter, and Paths actions will no longer count towards your task usage. Yes, you read that right! If you’re on a paid plan you won’t incur any task usage for sending data between Filter, Formatter, Paths by Zapier, and another app. Making those all important advanced workflows much more cost-effective.

You'll now have access to certain features across all plans, providing more value for your subscription. And with the introduction of pay-per-task billing for tasks over your plan limit, you can keep your Zaps running without interruption; and you can decide when to upgrade at a time that’s right for your business.

Excited to learn more? See our Pricing and Packaging Improvements page here for further details.

Thanks for the good news! This sounds like it’d be advantageous and more freeing in various situations. But I noticed that on Starter if I’m reading this correctly, the 1,000 tasks/month goes down to 750 tasks/month, right? Which suggests that if I’m on the older plan and don’t need unlimited Zaps, maybe it’s better to stay where I am?

Is there anything else that’s being limited in comparison to the old plans?

1. More flexible: It can be hard to predict sudden spikes in task usage, which can lead to unexpectedly large bills or your Zaps turning off. With the introduction of a pay-per-task billing if you exceed your plan's task limit, you can pay for each additional task at 1.25x the price of a task on your current subscription. 

So I am on the free plan because I only use it for 3 zaps. What the heck does this item even mean? How much does a task cost? I see nothing about that even after googling it.