Skip to main content

Hi there!

There's no category for Output Fields, so I'm posting it here. I’m pretty sure I've run into some bugs w.r.t. dynamic output fields.

It seems like dynamic output fields are only evaluated either:

• Once the workflow action is fully configured and a “Test node” action is performed, or
  • If the dynamic field generation callback is the only outputField in the outputFields list

The docs say that dynamic fields are automatically evaluated and merged with the static output fields. This hasn't been my experience. Something seems to be bugged there.

Also, it seems that the interactions with altersDynamicFields don't work at all for dynamic outputFields. I would expect that if I mark an inputField as altersDynamicFields, then a change in the inputField value would also trigger a re-evaluation of all dynamic outputFields (after all, if even the configuration of the node is dependent on this value, how can you expect dynamic outputFields to stay static?). This also doesn't seem to work, though I'm not sure if it counts as a separate bug or is just some weird effect of the same bug.

EDIT: I’m using the CLI SDK, for the record.

Be the first to reply!