Best answer

Zoom New Recording Zap not triggering

• 13 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

This appears to be broken now. No new triggers have occurred since Friday, April 8th. I’m creating new lines in Google Sheets with this trigger. I can force it to happen by testing the trigger, but it doesn’t happen ‘in the wild.’

Any help?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 April 2021, 22:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JohnS 

Check this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-zoom#trouble-with-downloading-a-recording-from-the-new-recording-trigger

Check your Zap Runs history details for errors:https://zapier.com/app/history/

Otherwise, might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I have the exact same problem. Have checked all my settings and can trigger a zap through the test but the recording trigger is not picking up when new recordings are available. There is no history of failed zaps because it doesn’t trigger. Mine stopped between 6 pm and 8:30 pm eastern on April 8. I know this based on the triggers missed from our schedule of class videos processing in zoom. I’ve submitted a ticket. Hopefully, it’s a small issue and will be fixed very soon. 

Userlevel 3

Same here since April 8th as well…

Did you find something to make it work again?

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi. I’m looking for a solution for the same issue with regards to a “New Meeting” Zoom trigger. It also stopped working as of April 8th. Thought it would be useful to mention here that it’s not just “New Recording” related.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Remi and @aalbers2000!

I see that you’ve reached out to our Support team and they’ve added you to the bug report for this. 

@JohnS I have added you to that same bug report. You’ll all be notified when the issue is resolved.

Some Possible Solutions/Workarounds

Here are some things we’ve heard from users, that may or may not solve your problem:

• try turning the Zap off then back on again
  • try uninstalling Zapier from marketplace.zoom.us then re-authenticate and use that connection across all your Zaps
  • use Zoom’s outgoing webhooks and then our Catch Hook trigger to kick off your Zap (this is a more advanced option):

I’ve not personally used Zoom’s webhooks but as far as I can tell, you would use this method: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/jwt-app.

So you register a private app and set up the outgoing webhooks, much like that user’s screenshot above shows.

Again, this is an advanced option and you’ll need some familiarity with APIs and webhooks to get it going. Just wanted to offer it in case anyone sees it and is able to make use of it :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi. I’m looking for a solution for the same issue with regards to a “New Meeting” Zoom trigger. It also stopped working as of April 8th. Thought it would be useful to mention here that it’s not just “New Recording” related.

Despite another zap involving Zoom working just fine (a Zoom action, though, and not a Zoom trigger), I was encouraged by the support team to turn off my Zoom zaps, reconnect Zoom, turn my zaps back on, and re-test my trigger… which, to my surprise, worked great.

I just completed this about an hour ago and hadn’t gotten back to updating on this thread yet, but hope that’s helpful for some/all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ffadavid!

Thanks so much for coming here and letting us know that those steps worked for you — much appreciated :)

Thanks, everyone for posting suggestions. When I reached out to support I was told it was a known issue and I would be notified when it was fixed. I just removed the app from the zoom marketplace and reactivated it on my zap and now it appears to be working again. I guess it feels a little obvious to have started with the whole “turn it off and back on again” approach. Thanks for nudging me to not wait for support to support my issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @aalbers2000!

Thanks for confirming that this worked for you as well!