Best answer

Zoom meeting reminders for registered

• 18 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone.

I’m new on Zapier,

I’m searching a way to send mail reminders to my Zoom registered participants, 20 min before my Zoom meetings start . 

For now still haven’t find how to … I tried to use Mailchimp and Google calendar but failed…

Could someone knows how to do ?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by shenderson 23 October 2022, 15:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @shaiya 

Depending on where you store this data you can set this as the trigger then use Gmail to send the required email 

Is there something im missing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @shaiya ,

Welcome to the Zapier Community & congrats on building your first Zap! This is a great video on getting started with all things Zapier 😊

For this workflow, depending on where your calendar events are stored you could use something like this:

1. TRIGGER: Event start in Google
  2. ACTION: Send email in Gmail

You can also customize which calendar events will trigger this Zap. Here is a visual of where to do that and fields you’ll need to update in this particular scenario. 

Hoping this points you in the right direction! 

Hello @MohSwellam  @Liz_Roberts  thanks a lot for your answers.

My problem is Google calendar don’t detect the Zoom meeting registered participants … For Google calendar there is 0 participants whereas there is actually participant in the Zoom meeting.

So I cannot tell Google calendar to send mail … there will be no mail address … :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @shaiya 

In this case, is there any database where the data for the meeting and attendees stored? Because otherwise I dont see a way to do that unfortunately 

Hello @MohSwellam  I made a Zap in Mailchimp. Every mail participant goes on my Mailchimp contact with a specific tag. 

So I guess I can made a zap like X days before Zoom meeting send mail to Mailchimp contact with tag X 

But this way I can’t send participant their personal connection link to enter the Zoom meeting…. So it is not very efficient ...

I think I’ll give up this idea. Thanks for help.

Userlevel 1

Hi Shaiya, I’m not sure whether you can do this with a Zap (I was looking for a way to do this and found your thread here) but here’s how I currently get this done.  I use Book Like a Boss, which is a booking platform like Calendly.  I chose them specifically for their reminders.  BLAB integrates with Zapier and also natively with Zoom, so it’s a good fit.  It’s not free - I pay about $30/month - but it’s well worth it to me because it automatically sends both email and text reminders to my customers.  

I have a BLAB account, a Zoom account, a Google calendar, and Hubspot.  When someone makes an appointment with me on my landing page, it happens through the BLAB calendar on the page.  They pick the date and time, then enter their email (required) and cell number (optional).  BLAB is set to talk to both Zoom and Google Calendar, so when this happens, the customer automatically gets a Zoom invite in their email and the meeting gets entered into my Google Calendar, plus I get an email notifying me of this.  (Because it’s integrated with the calendar, it knows not to double-book me, plus you set parameters like hours of availability, how much minimum notice, how much time between meetings, etc.)  I use Zapier then to automatically create a new contact in Hubspot so I don’t have to manually enter anything.  Then, at 24 hours prior and 1 hour prior to the meeting, my customer and I both get an email reminder and (if the customer gave me his/her cell) a text reminder.  The timings are customizable BTW.  Like I said, it’s not free but it works like a charm.  I’ll also say that I really didn’t expect very many people to give me their cell (my customers are doctors) but I get it probably 90% of the time and now I have their cell, which is very handy as long as you’re not intrusive.

Hope this helps.  I’d love to find a way to do this with a Zap and save the $30 (Hubspot does for free everything BLAB does EXCEPT the text messaging).  Good luck.

hello @shenderson thanks for your reply. Yeah seems to be a great solution. But I  hope Zoom will create reminders for meeting and not only for webinar ...