Question

Zapier triggering once then not again

Hey everyone,

I’m having an issue with my workflow, which is as follows:

I’ve got three zaps running to:

1. create item in Webflow/Airtable
  2. Update item in Airtable/Webflow
  3. Update live item in Webflow

So far things have been running smoothly and when a new Item is triggered a new airtable line is created housing all the datafields, which in turn are then used to populate a new CMS item being created in Webflow. Then the next trigger also works and updates things like: selling fast: true or sold out: false on the live item no worries. However, if an item is changed back to Selling fast: FALSE it doesn’t trigger the Zap and therefore nothing gets changed in airtable etc.

This is causing myself and my client a lot of headaches and I was wondering what might be happening that changing the RSS feed back to an old state wouldn’t result in the update item zap triggering.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Adam

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Adam Shires 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Adam Shires! Just wanted to follow up here, were you able to figure out what was preventing your Zap from firing after updating back to FALSE? Also, you mentioned 

This is causing myself and my client a lot of headaches and I was wondering what might be happening that changing the RSS feed back to an old state wouldn’t result in the update item zap triggering.

I have a theory that might be the issue, since it might not be registering it as an “update” when its being reverted, and thus not triggering the Zap properly. 

If you’re still having issues, then like Troy mentioned, detailed screenshots would help us troubleshoot better! And if not, I’d love to hear what your solution was 🤗