Best answer

Zapier trigger runs on new input trigger. How to bulk trigger all existing content?

• 3 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I have created the following trigger:

1. Post created in Ghost
  1. Send title, url, image, etc to Google Spreadsheet new row(s)

https://zapier.com/shared/78884cbdb251b7bcffe9f5a2ad13e782bb46ede2

When I test this it, one row of the last post is added, however I would like to add all existing posts to the spreadsheet as it is empty right now.
I already have a bunch of posts and would like to add them to the spreadsheet using Zapier as a one time run, after that it can add upon trigger.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by jessyvg 5 September 2022, 11:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Mind Glowing for the Zap you are setting up, it is expected behaviour that once the Zap is on it will trigger new from new post created. 

It looks possible to export all post from Ghost into a JSON file. You could use Transfer to add them to your Google Sheet, as Transfer is best used for migrating historical data. For the Zap you create for your Transfer, you may want to use Formatter to parse on mappable values to your Google Sheet. That said, it appears from Ghost isn’t able to export details about images.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction!