Best answer

Zapier not Recognizing Google Group in Shared Folder

I want zapier to add a new form submission in squarespace to an existing group in google. However, zapier will not pull up the group because it is in a shared folder. Is there a way that I can get zapier to recognize all of my groups including the one in the shared folder?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 June 2022, 13:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Alancw95! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community! 🎉 We definitely want to help. 
Do you mind if I ask where the shared folder is located? For example, is it in Google Drives? In addition, were you the original creator of the shared folder?

The reason I ask is, Zapier will only work with shared folders where you are the owner. You can check out a similar question here:

and the FAQ here:
https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-drive#not-all-my-files-are-triggering-my-new-file-in-folder-zap

I hope that helps! 

The google groups that I want to use is located in a public groups folder within the Google Groups app. I am an owner but not the original creator which is why I assume it’s in this separate folder. The other folder holds my other groups where I am the creator, and Zapier recognizes those. Can you make heads or tails out of it??

Thank you much for the link. I will definitely check it out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Alancw95!

I’m 99% that you’ll only be able to see groups that you’ve created and not groups that have been shared with you. While it’s unlikely that this is something we’ll be able to add in the near future, it’s worth reaching out to the support team (using the Get Help form) to ask them to add a feature request for shared groups (when you aren’t the creator) in Google Groups. 

I know that’s likely not the news you want to hear right now, I’m sorry about that.