Best answer

Zapier does not support MongoDB for versions 3.x.x +

Userlevel 1

I just wanted to clarify something that has caused me a fair bit of head scratching in hopes it will save other people some time.

Zapier state that they support MongoDB - but this is not the case in any real sense. They only support versions up to 2.6 which was released in 2014 and where security support ended in 2016. I have suggested to their support team that they remove the connector from their list of supported apps as it simply isn’t true (unless you are running a dangerously out of version of MongoDB from over 8 years ago).

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 June 2023, 23:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ElliottF! Thanks for sharing this with the Community and I’m sorry about the frustration with this. We do have a feature request to update the MongoDB integration so it works with newer versions and I’ve added you to that request, which means that you’ll get an email if we have an update on that. 

I appreciate that this doesn’t solve your immediate issue and I’m sorry that the MongoDB integration needs some more work from us to keep it up to date. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @ElliottF! Thanks for sharing this with the Community and I’m sorry about the frustration with this. We do have a feature request to update the MongoDB integration so it works with newer versions and I’ve added you to that request, which means that you’ll get an email if we have an update on that. 

I appreciate that this doesn’t solve your immediate issue and I’m sorry that the MongoDB integration needs some more work from us to keep it up to date. 

Hey @Danvers, do you know how long that has been open? I think it has been a few years?

Best regards,

Elliott.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ElliottF! I’m not going to sugar coat this: yes, it has been open a few years now and I’m sorry about that. I don’t know when the team will be approaching this but I am going to give them a nudge, especially as it’s also a security issue for users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends - I wanted to swing by with a belated update. 

Due to changes in their API, the MongoDB app on Zap was deprecated on July 15 2022. 

While a replacement wasn’t created, here’s some alternative database apps that are available on Zapier.

Apologies for not updating the thread sooner and as always, appreciate ya’ll raising this in community. 🧡