Question

Zapier does not seem to support Omnifocus triggers (e.g. Create New Item in Notion)

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Zapier does not seem to support Omnifocus triggers (e.g. Create New Item in Notion).

Has anyone discovered if this is possible?

Zapier has great web presence and seems to promise the world - so far I have been disappointed that their marketing does not seem to live up to the reality of their product.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DorkusMaximus 

Good question.

The OmniFocus Zap app only has 1 action.

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves.

You can try reaching out to OmniFocus Support for possible guidance.

Thanks Troy - I was under the impression that Zapier provides common app to app integrations based on the what I read so far. From your answer - it seems that app developers must create and maintain integrations with Zapier vs my impression.

If this is correct then I don’t think that Zapier is either what I expected or of my value for at least what I am looking for. A little annoying in all honesty vs. Zapier’s hype.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DorkusMaximus 

Zapier provides a platform for app devs to make their app available for users to integrate in automations (aka Zaps).

There are nearly 6.5k Zap app integrations, of which Zapier owns/manages less than 500 (but don’t quote me on that #).

App webhook events and API endpoints can be in the 100s, but app developers usually only expose a subset of the common/popular (and non-destructive) options in their Zap app integration.

Other ways to integrate/automate with apps that support webhooks/APIs are via these native Zap apps:

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help