Best answer

Zapier account login issue

Hi,

A former employee create a zapier account using his personal Gmail. We have been unsuccessful at communicating with them and are not able to retrieve the login details. We only have the personal gmail that was used. We cannot reset the password b/c the authentication is being sent to their personal gmail.

This Zapier account is tied to a Zap that was created with InfusionSoft, Facebook and WordPress. Can we create a new Zapier account and link that with the current Zap?

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 7 May 2020, 11:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! Regarding the authentication, there’s not a lot you can do here,.

Are the zaps still running?

If you’re primarily concerned about abuse - Please make sure to de-authorise the user’s credentials on your Facebook and Wordpress & Infusionsoft accounts.

On the other hand - As it seems, you’d just like to take ownership of the zap - You don’t really have a lot of options here if it was from his personal Gmail, I’d recommend just shutting their access down and re-building the zap. 

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help  - You should probably still contact support to get Zapier’s official take on this situation though

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Milo2018

@Saastronomical has hit a really crucial point here - removing the user’s previous credentials. The first thing that I would recommend is to remove or de-authorize any account connections that the previous employee had in any other apps. That will make sure that they can’t use Zapier with those apps and so prevent that as an avenue for abuse. 

In answer to your question:

Can we create a new Zapier account and link that with the current Zap?

You can create a new Zapier account, you will be able to connect your apps to that account, but you can’t connect it to the previous/existing Zap/s. You could ask the person that owns the previous account to share those Zaps with you, which would save you some of the work in creating them, but obviously that relies on them coming back to you. 

​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!