Best answer

Zapier abandoned Google Assistant?

• 15 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Starting yesterday, Google Assistant says that zapier is no longer available. Searching the internet it looks like zapier did announce that it was ceasing support for Google assistant on June 9th. And Google stopped supporting its conversational actions API yesterday June 13th on the same day it stopped working. Does zapier have any intention of supporting Google Assistant through its more modern API? And when can we expect that to work? I have tons of assistant zaps that I rely on throughout the day and it's one of the main reasons I have a pro account.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 June 2023, 16:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DanR 

Good question.

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that you’ll get any sort of official word or timeline about this from Zapier.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app or the Code app.

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @DanR! 👋

Ah, you’re quite right, the Google Assistant’s app is no longer available due to those changes on Google’s end (Conversational Actions sunset overview). 

As far as I know there’s no plans to incorporate the another Google API for the Google Assistant app at this stage. From what I’ve seen it seems like Google’s App Actions would be the alternative here but it appears to be geared towards Android specifically and may not have quite the same functionality available. So I’m thinking that might be why there’s no plans at present, but that’s just a best guess on my part!

If anything changes on this we’ll be sure to share news of that here. In the meantime, the only other workaround I can think of if a Code by Zapier or Webhooks by Zapier action don’t work, would be to build a custom integration with Google’s App Actions API on the Zapier Platform. There’s a lot more work involved in doing that though so you may well want to enlist the help of a Zapier Expert as Troy suggested.