Best answer

Zap Zoom - Vimeo, mp4 does not arrive on Vimeo, just the unconverted file

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I connected Zoom and Vimeo but always the mp4 doesn’t get through (even if it is chosen), only the unconverted file obviously which of course cannot be opened in Vimeo then. My assistent and 2 colleagues have the same problem. What goes wrong with that, can anybody help?

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 August 2020, 03:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LenaB ,

Thanks for reaching out to us! So sorry you are running into an issue with your mp4 file.

I can see you have a ticket open with our support team-  they’ll be able to jump in and take a look at this issue just as soon as they can!

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 1

ok thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @LenaB ,

Circling back to make sure the below workflow Laurie from Support provided had worked out for you! Please let us know if you have any further questions:

“Zoom doesn't currently send us a download URL in this trigger, but we do have an open feature request to get this added and I've added your email as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA as to when or if that will happen, but we'll definitely email you if it becomes a reality.

That said, there may be a workaround here. Zoom does let you download that file to your computer, so you could have it save to Dropbox or another file sharing app, and trigger when the new file is added to a specific folder. That would give you a direct URL link to the video, which Vimeo would be able to work with.”

Userlevel 1

Hi @LenaB ,

Circling back to make sure the below workflow Laurie from Support provided had worked out for you! Please let us know if you have any further questions:

“Zoom doesn't currently send us a download URL in this trigger, but we do have an open feature request to get this added and I've added your email as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA as to when or if that will happen, but we'll definitely email you if it becomes a reality.

That said, there may be a workaround here. Zoom does let you download that file to your computer, so you could have it save to Dropbox or another file sharing app, and trigger when the new file is added to a specific folder. That would give you a direct URL link to the video, which Vimeo would be able to work with.”

Hi, 

unfortunately this doesn’t help, because if I upload it from my computer to dropbox I can also upload it directly to vimeo. I didn’t want to upload it manually anymore :( 

I am having the same issue, can I be notified the moment it is solved. This connection (Zap) represents a very important use case for my company and, if solved, would compel us to subscribe. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Vlerick Business School! ​I've added you as another vote for this addition. That lets the Zoom team know how many users are interested in the update and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Userlevel 1

@Danvers  I am interested too.

Userlevel 1

@Danvers Add me as another vote. We’re getting a share URL that looks like a download link but instead links to a page with a video. A peek at the API shows this should be an easy fix.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Jo69 & @JohnS I have added you both as interested users so that the Zoom team is aware of the additional votes and also so you will receive an email once we have an update!

Userlevel 1

I am also experiencing this issue. Please add my vote and notify me once solved.

Cheers, Jamie

Userlevel 1

Looking forward to a solution. This would be SUCH an useful Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jamie and @LenaB! You’ve both been added to that feature request as well, so once that’s updated you’ll be notified via email :)

I am having the same problem and would like to know when this will work. Why would it be presented as a solution if it doesn’t work…? :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Quick update on this one. Our engineering team has looked into this, and what the Zoom API is capable of providing is a download URL that a human can visit to download the recording. It doesn't give you an actual file that can then be uploaded to another service. Their API simply doesn't support that at the moment. 

For tracking purposes (and in case it ever does become possible) I've gone ahead and added everyone in this thread to that request.

Should this become available and get added to the Zoom integration, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

UPDATE!

As you can read in this article, Zoom’s New Recording trigger now downloads files!!

There are some caveats, so be sure to have a look at that link above. But, hopefully, this helps a lot of y’all out :)