Best answer

Zap to create Gmail Label and filter so ALL incoming and outgoing mail from/to sender is labeled.

• 13 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a new lead enter our system in Smartsheets.

I want to create a zap that automatically creates a Gmail Label for this prospect and then creates a Gmail filter that adds the new label to all of the prospect’s future emails, incoming and outgoing… just like you would manually set up a label and filter in Gmail. I got it working to filter the 1 email message used in the test sample data, but can’t get it to apply to any future incoming or outgoing emails from that email address. Is this possible to do?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 June 2022, 22:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Davyn 

Good question.

Zaps can’t be used to create Gmail filter rules.

You’d need a different Zap to trigger from Gmail to then apply a Label.

Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I tried this with error messages as a result.

I created the Label in 1 zap, triggered from a new row in Smartsheet.

Then I copied the Gmail label info to a Google sheet

Then in Zap 2, I looked up this spreadsheet to match email from new gmail message to the email in the Google sheet with the Label ID and the Label name.

Filled in all the fields but can’t get it to work.

Any thoughts?