Best answer

Zap Not Working

• 5 April 2020
  • 4 replies

I am using youtube and tumblr with a trigger of : new video on channel should create a video post on Tumblr. My zap is not working. Youtube is passing the test but Tumblr is not. I tested it and got 403 forbidden error. 

The app returned "Forbidden". It looks like your connected account doesn't have permission to complete this step. You should contact the administrator for your account and make sure you have the needed permissions. We made a request to api.tumblr.com and received (403) Forbidden.

I have given all the rights and authenticated several times with Tumblr , even tried to reconnect. I have no idea why zap is not working. Any sort of help will be much appreciated. Thanks . 

icon

Best answer by steph.n 5 May 2020, 21:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @AshTImber - Thanks for writing to us today! 

I have a question so that I may understand how to help you better: Are you attempting to upload a video or embed a YouTube video in your new video post on Tumblr? This will help me narrow down some possibilities of what’s going on or if this is possible. Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AshTImber - It looks like Zapier Support reached back out to you with an answer:

I’ve taken a look at your Zap and I'm not able to see the error message you've reported, could you please capture a screenshot of it so that I can verify this behaviour at my end?
The setup of your Tumblr step looks perfect to me, so the only thing I'm not 100% sure about is whether the Channel field in the Youtube trigger should be prepended with "channel/", like this:

cb1c6744b16424351e7297c76f93ed52.png

Since the Zap is switched on, and you mentioned that you've already added a new test video to your Youtube channel I think this might be the problem we're facing here.
To fix this, could you please try the following steps:

1. Prepend your Channel ID with "channel/" so that the value in this field is "channel/UCkZ452NgP5fatg60AeHkjxw"
  2. Try to pull in some new sample data in your trigger, to confirm if Zapier is able to connect to your channel with the new ID specification
  3. Switch the Zap back on
  4. Upload another brand new test video to the channel and capture a screenshot for me to confirm

If all goes well, step four should trigger your Zap and make a post on Tumblr. If not, I'll be happy to do all I can to help you continue to troubleshoot from this side!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Hi step.n

Is this problem resolved? Because i am having the same problem. I don’t understand why you suspected the youtube trigger. Like Ash Timber’s flow, also mine passes from youtube part. The video is found with no problem. 

I think, 403 Forbidden on tumblr side is clearly an indicator that there is access problem on their side of the api. If you can accept this as a bug, i will at least not try further to solve the impossible right now. 

On my tumblr account, i can see the zapier as an allowed application with no information on the level of access.

Else if i am missing some point. please elaborate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi step.n

Is this problem resolved? Because i am having the same problem. I don’t understand why you suspected the youtube trigger. Like Ash Timber’s flow, also mine passes from youtube part. The video is found with no problem. 

I think, 403 Forbidden on tumblr side is clearly an indicator that there is access problem on their side of the api. If you can accept this as a bug, i will at least not try further to solve the impossible right now. 

On my tumblr account, i can see the zapier as an allowed application with no information on the level of access.

Else if i am missing some point. please elaborate.

Hi there, we’re happy to look into this issue further if you send us a screenshot. Our team is absolutely willing to check back on this if we’ve misunderstood what’s going on. Let me know!