Best answer

Zap is detecting old files in a folder as new files

• 14 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m currently attempting to set up a series of Zaps that would help to keep my Dropbox updated when a new file is uploaded in Box. What I’m going for is that every time a file is uploaded to a folder on Box, a copy of that file is uploaded to a corresponding folder in Dropbox. 

I have a couple issues/questions:

First, can Zapier detect new files being uploaded to a folder with files already inside of it? When I was testing the “new file” event for Box, I uploaded a picture in “Folder A” in Box, yet the “New Files” that Zapier is finding were files that have been sitting in this folder for months. Is there a way to get Zapier to recognize only the brand new files that are being uploaded?

Second, is it possible to create a copy in Dropbox of the files uploaded to Box? The closest thing I could find to this in “events” was “Upload a File” (I don’t want to move the file, because I want it to exist in both Box and Dropbox). My question with this is, which option should I select in the file field? If I select “1. File: (exists but not shown), will that track each new file that gets uploaded to Folder A in Box? It doesn’t really seem like it to me, but I may be wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 June 2023, 17:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jed 

Good question.

When in doubt, turn the Zap ON and test it out.

Is there a way to get Zapier to recognize only the brand new files that are being uploaded?

Yes, try turning the Zap ON and testing LIVE.

My question with this is, which option should I select in the file field? If I select “1. File: (exists but not shown), will that track each new file that gets uploaded to Folder A in Box?

Yes, that will upload a copy of the file from Box to Dropbox.