Best answer

Youtube “media type” error when uploading Dropbox files

Userlevel 1

I’ve have tried multiple ways to link dropbox to youtube to have automatic uploads and at the test phase I keep getting the message:

The app returned "Media type 'text/plain' is not supported.".

What do I need to put into the fields to stop this from happening?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 6 August 2021, 02:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Ready Set Dance 

Make sure your videos are stored in the formats that YouTube supports; MP4 recommended. Then try again. Also there is a limit of how large a video can be to be able to transfer via Zapier. Read more here: https://zapier.com/apps/youtube/help

Userlevel 1

Hi Rob!

I appreciate the quick response.

The files are in MP4 format. The videos are no longer than 3 mins in length each.

Is there anything else it could be?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ready Set Dance 

Make sure your videos are stored in the formats that YouTube supports; MP4 recommended. Then try again. Also there is a limit of how large a video can be to be able to transfer via Zapier. Read more here: https://zapier.com/apps/youtube/help

Hi Rob,

Just following up on this as it hasn’t been responded to since my reply stating that the files are in MP4 and no longer than 3 minutes in length.

Please advise how I can use Zapier using Dropbox to Youtube without the "Media type 'text/plain' is not supported" error.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ready Set Dance,

I took a look and you’ve got the file name mapped where you should have the video file itself:

Can you try using this field instead:

Userlevel 1

Hi Nick,

I tried making the Video field just text and that didn’t seem to work and I also selected “1. File (Exists but not shown)” and others just to try and it still comes back with the same “The app returned "Media type 'text/plain' is not supported.".”

Is there still something that I am not doing correctly?

I appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ready Set Dance 

Can you post screenshots of how your Zap step is configured now?

Userlevel 1

I have configured based on Nick’s help I believe.

Please let me know if Im missing something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ready Set Dance!

Correction: I’ve tested this and it looks like changing this setting to No on the Dropbox trigger step...

… then using this field on the YouTube step...

will work! Can you give that a shot to see if it works for you? I’ve tested it and the video was uploaded to YouTube :)

Userlevel 1

Amazing this method has worked!!

I have come to my zap today and it is now only uploading 1 video per zap and is not uploading every video i place in the folder.

I can create individual zaps for each video but otherwise it’s not uploading on mass like it was before.

Is this a premium feature to have multiple videos you add to the trigger folder upload? My trial just expired the other day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

YAY! That’s great news @Ready Set Dance! So glad Nick’s suggestion here did the trick! :)