Question

WooCommerce - updating buyers/customers custom information

• 19 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I’m very new a Zapier, so if you don’t mind please explain your answer in detail (thanks in advance).

I’m selling my product on wordpress/woocommerce, and when the customer buys something, they enter their “role in relation to the purchase” (coach, parent, player, etc) in a custom field. A new custom field has been made, and I wish to “relocate” the old information into the new one. 

Role (old) = coach → Role (new) = coach

How would you suggest to do this?

Kind regards,

Morten

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GripFixer 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

Hi Troy,

Thank you so much for helping out! 

What would you set as the trigger? (The order is not a new one, but old ones).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@GripFixer 

In the Zap trigger are you able to specify only updated Orders?

Hi Troy,

You’re everywhere 😆 Which is amazing! :) 

I looks like that is an option.

Thank you very much again Troy.

My next question is how does an update work.?

• Do I need to fill in all the fields (see pic 2), or just the fields I want to change? 
  • Which fields should I fill in when I want the old role field to be inserted into this field (pic 1) - and please keep in mind that there are different variables in that field (“coach”, “parent”, club_representative”, “player”, “other”).

Pic 1

pic 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @GripFixer!

The update order action will only update the fields in which you put information, so if you leave something blank whatever is already there will stay there. I think that answers your question, but please let me know if I can clear anything up for you!