Best answer

Woocommerce SKU to QBO Products/Services

• 3 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Group I am trying to create a Zap that Creates a Invoice in QBO from an order in Woocommerce. With help of support I got it to mostly work however The Product/service data field does not match therefore the description is off as well. I am tried adding in a find product step in the zap with no success. I saw the message about SKUs in the troubleshooting guide and seems to not be working. The SKUs on Woocommerce and QBO match. 

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 6 July 2020, 15:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Fussburg 

Let’s try and get this sorted for you!

Can you show us a screenshot of how the “Find Product” step is setup.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Did you need anything else besides the screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Fussburg Looks like your mapping a product ID where you want to map a product name - then the search should find it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Andrew It found it but now I am getting this error while testing, What am I missing here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Fussburg - Looks like you got an answer back from Zapier Support:

Sorry to hear you're running into a "Duplicate Name Exists" error now. :(

That's correct, it should help either find an existing customer or create a new one if it doesn't exist. When working with Quickbooks though, the duplicate name exists error is related to the name for the Customer existing in another list. This error is described in Quickbooks Knowledge Base here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/manage-lists/error-the-name-supplied-already-exists-another-customer-vendor/00/185577

In regards to the error in the zap, this can happen when the email being used to search for a customer doesn't match the email for the existing customer.

For example, if John Doe is created as a customer with email j.doe@freemail.com and we later search for Jonh Doe with email john.d@freemail.com we won't find the customer. The zap would then send a request to create a customer with the new email and that would be rejected because the customer name already exists.

To fix this error it will be important to make sure that customers use the same email tied to their QBO customer profile. This will help make sure the Quickbooks step is able to properly find them without trying to create a duplicate.

I hope that helps? Let me know if you have any questions on that, I'm happy to help further!