Best answer

Will Zapier automatically double opt-in subscribers in Mailchimp?

• 9 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey, I set up a survey with Typeform with a built-in opt-in and connected it with mailchimp to transfer the mail addresses. Now I wonder how to manage the onboarding process for the new subscribers. Does Zapier automatically do the double-opt-in? And can I create a welcome mail with a promo code included in Zapier, that I give away for signing up or do I have to do that in Mailchimp?

Thanks ahead for your help to clarify my questions.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 9 February 2021, 16:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @vacemika 

Subscribers won't show up in list immediately if you have double opt-in

If your MailChimp list has double opt-in enabled, you won't see any subscribers added by your zap until after that new subscriber clicks through the double opt-in email. However, your task history will show a successful task immediately, even if the subscriber does not confirm the double opt-in email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vacemika 

The welcome email would be created in Mailchimp, then could be triggered by adding a Tag to a Subscriber.

It’s unclear about where the requirements of the promo code and where that would be generated and if it’s unique per Subscriber.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Zapier does not do double opt in. you can read about that here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-mailchimp#subscribers-wont-show-up-in-list-immediately-if-you-have-double-opt-in

I would send the welcome email from Mailchimp, it should be possible to create an automation within Mailchimp that handles this. However, Zapier can also send campaign emails through Mailchimp so that might be an option as well.