Best answer

Why is this Google Calendar Zap using so many tasks?

• 29 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I created this Zap to be triggered when there are New or Updated events in my Google Calendar. The intended goal of the Zap is to add a specific invitee to every event (the invitee is hard-coded, i.e., it’s always the same one). Unfortunately, there’s something wrong the Zap because it has used more than 1,000 tasks in less than 24 hours. I have certainly not created or updated 1,000 events. The part that I’m least sure about is the action set up. I’m pasting a screenshot below:

I should mention that the Zap seemed to be doing what I wanted it to do. However, it stoped now because I ran out tasks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 November 2021, 12:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that @andresmh also reached out to Support about this and it appears to have been related to a Zap loop that caused the accidental Task usage. The Zap was using the Event Updated trigger and adding attendees to the event. This then caused the Zap to trigger for the same event again as the new attendee was seen as a being a new update to the event. 

The Zap loop has since been fixed but for anyone experiencing similar issues I’d recommend checking out our Zap is stuck in a loop guide to find out more about Zap loops and how to prevent them.

And if you’re still having issues after following the steps in that guide, please do reach out to our Support Team via the Get Help form and they’ll be happy to assist further! :)