Best answer

Why is there no “submit a text post“ action for Reddit? I only see an option to submit a link post.

• 29 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Title

icon

Best answer by Matt_Boyden 16 June 2021, 16:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Chase126 

Most Zap app integrations are created and maintained by the app developer, rather than Zapier, so best to reach out to Reddit in this case with your feature request.

@Troy Tessalone Are you sure that this is the case? They had an option to create a text post on IFTTT.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Chase126 

Not all app developers choose to make all their API endpoints (triggers/actions/searches) available as part of their Zap app integrations.

Since IFTTT is a different platform, I’m not sure on IFTTT whether Reddit creates their integration or whether the IFTTT team creates the Reddit integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Chase126 In reality it’s probably because Reddit don’t want people building automated spam machines.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Chase126 Matt here from Zapier support- I added your vote to that feature request (for a “Create Post” action in Reddit). If and when that action is available, we’ll notify you via email!