Best answer

Why is my data in the wrong row on my google sheet

• 5 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

When a new data used to come would paste it in the bottom row. Now its pasting top row. How do I fix this and why is it

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 March 2020, 11:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@NutzoJoe

By any chance, is column A on your sheet entirely empty/blank? If so, there is a known issue that causes rows to be written up top when column A is blank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Google Sheets can be super fussy, so if things aren’t formatted quite right or if there has been a structural change on the sheet while the Zap is switched on that can cause some trouble.

The following changes to a sheet while a Zap is switched on can cause a disconnect with your Zap:

- Deleting existing rows or columns.

- Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.

- Resorting the sheet.

- Renaming/adding/rearranging new columns

If you need to make any of those types of changes to your Google Sheet, you will need to turn your Zap off while you make the change, and then turn it back on again after.

Another thing that can cause trouble on your sheet is any blank rows. You will need to make sure your sheet has no blank rows in the middle, only after your last row of content.

To test this out, please can you try the following for me:

1. Turn your Zap off from the Dashboard.

2. Carefully check your Sheet for any blank rows and delete them.

3. Turn your Zap back on.

4. Test the trigger to see where the row is added

Even if you don’t have any blank rows, please be sure to toggle the Zap off and on again from the dashboard as this will give things a reset if any structural changes were made.

Can you give that a try for me and let me know how it goes? I want to make sure you get your Zap back up and running all okay. :)