Question

Why can't I sync Google tasks with Amazon Alexa

• 18 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I’d like to sync Amazon Alexa with Google Tasks but Alexa is grayed out in the setup page.  Why is this?  I would like any tasks added to Google tasks to be synced with Alexa.  I am aware I can do this the other way around (Add a task to Alexa which then syncs to Google) but that’s not what I need to do.  Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AdrianeS 

Good question.

That is because the Amazon Alexa Zap app integration only has 1 trigger available. (0 actions)

Do you happen to know why this is?  I’d love to integrate Alexa into several Zaps but none of what I’m looking for is available.  I have to start with Alexa, rather than starting with the program I really need it to start with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AdrianeS 

Generally Zap app integrations only expose the common/popular webhook events and API endpoints.

Sometimes webhook events/endpoints aren’t exposed so apps can’t be built on top of other apps.

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help