Best answer

Where to get the "Recipient Id" in order to Send message from page in Facebook Messenger when using Facebook Messenger as an action?

• 21 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I'm trying to use Facebook Messenger as an action and got stuck on step where I must enter the Recipient Id. Here below you can see the step where I am stuck.

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 July 2022, 12:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Julien Malengo!

The Recipient ID needs to be the Page-Scoped User ID (PSID) which is a field that Facebook generates/stores. What trigger are you using for this Zap? If it’s New Message sent to Page then you will have the PSID of the user in the trigger data. If a user hasn’t previously sent your page a message then you can’t use the Zap to send them a message from your page. This is built into the way that Facebook works, to prevent pages from spamming users with messages. 

I hope that’s clear, if you need some more information, could you please describe your Zap and what you’re trying to do as that will help us to have a better idea of where to start :)