Question

When updating a contact, will it automatically clear the field if there was data in it?

• 26 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m setting up a zap to bring information from Calendly to Hubspot. We have a field in Hubspot for “Calendly custom answer”, and I’m bringing whatever they answered when they scheduled the meeting over to that spot. I have successfully set this up and tested it, however I can’t figure out how to test if it will overwrite existing data or if I need to add another step to clear that spot.

Example: Calendly custom answer used to be: “to talk about money” (so maybe this is what they responded when they scheduled an appointment before)

From their newest Calendly scheduled meeting, the new answer should be: “to drink coffee and laugh” (this is what they responded this time they scheduled an appointment.

Without putting a “clear” step in, will “to drink coffee and laugh” overwrite “to talk about money”? Or do I need to add another step that will clear the field first? Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Michelle O 

Good question.

It will overwrite existing data in the field.

When in doubt, test it out live.