Question

What is the best way to integrate/automate a cost estimator generated from a client from a Wordpress Plugin to creating an estimate invoice in Freshbooks and then emailing a cooy to the client?

Userlevel 1

I want to add a plug-in to my Wordpress website for users and potential clients to figure out what their costs for services will be (eg. WP Cost Calculator Builder). I then want the data inputted into the plug-in to automatically uploaded as a estimated invoice in Freshbooks and a copy is emailed to the user/potential client. Any tips or ideas on how to execute this would be much appreciated, thank you! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cwallingNBBS 

This depends on how the data from the plugin is then sent to you. For example, if it is being sent to you as an email after submission, you can use Zapier Mail Parser to get the data you need into Zapier. 

Userlevel 1

Howdy, thank you for the replay. I’m a total beginner. If you have any recommendations on which plugins would work on harvesting the data best I would greatly appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@cwallingNBBS Hi there and welcome! 

If I am understanding your request correctly, I would consider using an Email Marketing Service like Mailchimp or Constant Contact to automatically send a copy of the estimated invoice to the user/potential client. Both services have Zapier integrations that will allow you to create a new email list or add a new subscriber when someone submits the form on your website.