Best answer

What is New Issue (Via JQL) Jira Cloud ?

• 11 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I would like to know what Zapier understands when one generates this trigger.
New issue in jira (via jql) consider:
- Update fields?
- State update?
- Description update?

I need to know what you mean by "new issue"

icon

Best answer by subhash 11 November 2022, 19:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This is a scheduled trigger, looks for data every 15 min. It will fetch any new issues that got created which matches JQL.

Hi @subhash,

For Example:

In Jira I have ticket MAR-123 which is a task.
In Zapier I have a jql that brings me everything that is in the MAR project but that meets the Story condition:

Project = MAR and Issuetype = Story.

If I change the task item to story, do you say that the new issue trigger in jira (jql) will recognize that change?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Barcelo I have tested your use case and new issue trigger in jira (jql) has pulled new issue converted from task to story.

@subhash 

The problem I'm having now is that I have a field called project code and this field is filled in when creating an epic.

There is a possibility that the user who fills that field makes a mistake in the code and therefore the trigger is not executed.

From what I see, the consideration of "new issue (jql)" applies only to some cases.

Do you know where I can read more about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Barcelo, you can check out this link for all info on Jira and details on integrations and triggers. If you scroll further down on the page, you’ll get more info on the triggers and actions. Hope this helps!