Question

What is a Google Assistant "New Pushed Voice Message"?

• 22 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Google stupidly can’t natively create a task from the Google Assistant.  I’m trying to use this integration: https://zapier.com/apps/google-assistant/integrations/google-tasks

I don’t understand what a “Pushed Voice Message” is in Google assistant. 

I set the automation up and as instructed I say, “Ok Google, start Zapier” and it just opens the web page on the phone.  Then it stops listening for my “Trigger phrase”.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, John

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @JohnHuntington. Thanks for joining us! 

The Pushed Voice Message is a trigger that will allow you to define one or more trigger phrases to allow Google to start running your Zap. It has the option to set additional prompts so that Google Assistance can then ask you for more information.

You’ll want to create a prompt to get it to ask you something like “What task would you like to create?” then it would capture your response so the Zap can use that as the name of the task it creates. 

We’ve got a tutorial on How to build your own Google Assistant automations with Zapier the the Zapier blog which you might find helpful. The “Create a Google Assistant Zap with a prompt for additional information” section walks through how to set up Google Assistant to create tasks in TickTick specifically, but the sample principles could be applied to whatever app you’re using to create the task in.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you run into any issues on that, keen to help you get this sorted! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

John

I'm have the same issue as OP even with trigger words in place.  It just goes to the varies webpages either zapier or a page related to zapier and my trigger words.  It's like it's not even triggering Zapier but just using the command as a search term.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @imfullofschmidt 

Thank you for sharing your situation!

Have you, by chance, tried SamB’s suggestion? If so, did it work?

In case you had an error after trying the suggestion, kindly send a screenshot of the error you encountered. This would allow me to check further.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Let me know if you have other questions! 😊