Best answer

Webflow form with dropdown item→ Zapier → Webflow CMS → Error 400

• 9 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Whew… 3 days of trouble shooting, still can’t get this figured out. But I have at least isolated the problem after rebuilding the CMS and forms a good handful of times.

In Webflow I have a form that uses a variety of text inputs, file uploads, and dropdown selections (simple Yes/No options).

Turns out using the dropdown in forms causes an error 400 when testing. Has anyone successfully solved this? Seems silly this is the issue…

I have tried playing with the values and name of the dropdown element, but this appears to be “above my pay grade” Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 13 April 2020, 15:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @iane ,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry you are running into this 400 error- that is definitely frustrating.

I see Christian and Nivedha from Support are working with you on this but please do let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @iane ,

Circling back to summarize Support’s response to your ticket as it may help future users should they encounter a similar error. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

It looks like you're being affected by an issue where Webflow returns a 400 error with a validation message when a dropdown field is selected that contains multiple reference fields. I've gone ahead and submitted this issue to the team that handles it so that they can take a look at getting this fixed, whereupon you will be notified.

For reference, I don’t have a timeframe on how long it normally takes to fix bugs because there are multiple variables at play.

We consider the complexity of the bug, how many users are affected, and the scope of the issue when we prioritize issues. It also depends on whether the issue cause lies solely in our control or if we need to work with our partners at other apps to resolve it, so the timeframe can range.

In the meantime, if there is anything I can help with, please let me know and I would be happy to help.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Liz_Roberts I appreciate the close attention from you and the team.