Best answer

Want to post a FB Page Post (Video) to YouTube Channel (I AM an admin)

Userlevel 1

It looks like there is not a zap to connect FB Lives to YouTube as a video upload. But I’m wondering if I can zap the FB Business Page post after the live is done as a YouTube video upload?

My current (failed) attempt below:

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 4 May 2020, 18:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @baldjake13 ,

The Video field has to be a “File” object instead of a URL. This normally doesn’t “Show any data, but exists” when you place this field. I am not sure if there is such a Field in the Facebook Groups app, I use Google Drive for the uploads. 

Let me know!

~Bjorn

Userlevel 1

Bjorn-

So do you upload your facebook videos to Drive then have them zapped to YouTube? It sounds like there is no way to avoid downloading the video from FB manually?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I don't specifically use Facebook, I am not sure what kind of fields that app has. I use Google Drive instead.

Is there some field in Facebook sort of the same called file? 

Userlevel 1

There is no file attachment type of file. It only display source url info :(

Have any ideas on how to create a multi step sequence that might pull the file somehow from source url and drop it somewhere that CAN be zapped to YT?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not sure if it works with your facebook attachment URL, but you could try to upload it to Drive;

Userlevel 1

I tried sending it to GDrive then to YouTube. The test to GDrive worked from the FB URL, but the YT step is still showing an error.

Here is the GDrive info as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Everything with the file to YouTube is working now. This error is related to the schedule field called "publish at".

In your last screenshot i saw you had a name in here from Facebook. This won't work since it needs a date when to put the video live and won't work with strings.