Question

Want to import Google Analytics traffic into AirTable

• 18 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Trying to see if this is possible. 

In Airtable, I track a number of URLS of the content we’ve published. Ideally, I want to have Zapier look at the URL in AirTable, match it up with Google Analytics, find the metric I’m going after (in this case let’s say unique pageviews) then push that number back into AirTable in a cell near the URL. 

Has anyone done this yet? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Ehhhhh … probably not the best solution for that. (IMHO) 

Google Data Studio is probably a better fit. That’s what we use for the same use case. It’ll connect directly, and you can show it as a table. Not quite Airtable – and we love Airtable! – but constantly updated and easy as pie.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the suggestion! 

The AirTable that we’re using is really for managing all of our content production from start to finish. Ideally, I would love it if we could look at all of our published pieces from within AirTable and see “ok, how were these doing on these metrics in the last 30 days”, then having that information, be able to go back in and tweak the draft or update directly on the site. 

It’s really just trying to prevent a step of having to switch to different tools if possible. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Totally get it!

FWIW, we do the same thing, and GDS is a tremendous tool for visualizing that type of data. It’ll go way beyond what you get in Airtable. For instance, we like to map visits and avg. duration in the same chart – gives you nice insight into not only what’s attracting, but what’s engaging.

Happy to talk through it and see if something’s possible! Nab a time if you like ;) https://calendly.com/adamsmartschan/half-hour-meeting

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Tommyismyname - checking in to see if you were able to get this workflow configured. Would love to hear how you did it!