Best answer

Want to add a tag for users in intercom, but get an error if there are multiple users with the same email

• 18 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

In create/update a user, I can search for users by user_id. Why can I not use this for adding tags to users as well? I get an error because I have multiple users with the same email address, and it doesn't let me search by user_id in the add tag zap

icon

Best answer by Danvers 19 March 2020, 11:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In create/update a user, I can search for users by user_id. Why can I not use this for adding tags to users as well? I get an error because I have multiple users with the same email address, and it doesn't let me search by user_id in the add tag zap

Hey there @addisonschultz! Thanks for writing in today. Happy to help.

Could you send us a screenshot(s) of the errors you’re seeing so we can figure out together what we can do next? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

This step (Intercom - Add/Remove Tag on User in Intercom) only allows you to search by user email, which will give an error if there are duplicate users in intercom with the same email address. 

The previous step (Create/Update User in Intercom) allows you to also search by user email AND user id, which will be unique, and give no errors. 

Basically the step (Intercom - Add/Remove Tag on User in Intercom) needs to include a field to look up users by user id and this should be resolved

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @addisonschultz Thanks for the extra detail here, it’s really helpful!

I’ve created a feature request to add user id to the Add/Remove tag action (so that it’s similar to the create/update user action as you’ve described). This will:

1. ​Let the team know that this addition will be helpful for you
  2. ​Track interest in the addition - if other users request the same thing, we'll add their vote to the request
  3. ​Remind us to send you an email if/when we have an update on this
Userlevel 1

Thank you @Danvers !

Userlevel 1

And thank you @steph.n for your help also!