Question

Vimeo to CMS Post

• 18 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I’ve been using the Vimeo Zapier app to publish video uploads/posts to my Ghost Blog everytime Zapier see’s a new video on the account.

I’ve run into a slight problem. Zapier seems to ignore that the Video is still processing on longer Vimeo uploads and is sending videos to Ghost Blog that are still processing and it’s missing some info/images/links.

Would there be a way for Zapier to sense that the video is at %100 online before looking for “new videos” ?

I have used the filter to stop publishing to Ghost if the status is still processing, but as far as Zapier is concerned it’s already checked for new videos and nothing is new to process. And there isn't a way when using Zapier to fetch the video again and update the missing info.

Any ideas much appreciated! 

Sam

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @samau 

I have a feeling this would need to be a change to the way either Vimeo’s Zapier integration works, or maybe even Vimeo’s API itself. 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 1

Hi @samau 

I have a feeling this would need to be a change to the way either Vimeo’s Zapier integration works, or maybe even Vimeo’s API itself. 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Thanks Andrew!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @samau!

I’m sorry that this is causing trouble for you! This is a known issue with the Vimeo integration and I’ve added you to the list of users affected by the issue. That means that we’ll email you if we have an update.

In the meantime, I wonder if adding a delay step would help? You could add a Delay step after the trigger, this would force the Zap to pause before continuing to the next step. This doesn’t always help, it depends on how the trigger works, but it’s worth a quick test :) 

Userlevel 1

Any update on this problem? I can’t use Zapier if this isnt fixed :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @samau - I’m afraid we don’t have any updates to share on this. As Danvers suggested, would you be able to use a Delay step after the trigger to see if that would help? Please let us know if you were able to give it a try. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi @samau - I’m afraid we don’t have any updates to share on this. As Danvers suggested, would you be able to use a Delay step after the trigger to see if that would help? Please let us know if you were able to give it a try. Thank you!

Hello! I tried the delay step but unfortunately, that doesn't work as the Vimeo is still processing video there end. It only trys to get info from Vimeo once. Not check subsequent times for video processing progress.