Best answer

Using "Delay until" for longer than 30 days

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I was looking at (and replied to) this thread, but I still didn’t get answer, and the Zap documentation doesn’t make it clear either.

•  

I have a Zap that is triggered by a new event that is manually added to a calendar. That calendar event already has the start date entered. 

My goal is to send a MailChimp email 7 days before the event start date, regardless of when that is.

Am I able to use “delay until” in the original zap if that delay-date is more than 30 days away? Or do I still have to use the Google Calendar “Event Start” workaround as referenced above?

Detailed explanation:

Obviously I could just test this out and wait longer than 30 days to see what happens, but I need to implement this sooner than that.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 August 2022, 12:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @DavidLGS!

The way that delay works, it can become unreliable or fail completely if the delay is longer than 30 days. If the start date could be more than 30 days from the time that the Zap triggers, you’ll need to use the Google Calendar event start work around as described in that article.

Let us know if you need some help setting up that Zap!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Already got the zap setup and ready to publish. Just needed to know the first part, which you’ve answered. 

Thank you for the clarification! I think it would be a good idea to update the documentation to make that more clear. It is slightly ambiguous now, hence my need for this thread.