Best answer

Using Custom Object as line items instead “Product” when creating QB Invoice

• 22 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, 

I searched all the threads and was surprised no one has came across the same situation I have.  
Our company does not use the “product” standard object in Salesforce, rather, we use a custom object called “Packages”. Now I have successfully created the steps to add a customer, and create an invoice, the one MAJOR issue I’ve encountered is with Line Items. Since products are typically mapped to “Line Items” in Quickbooks, I would like to transform and map my custom object as  the line item(s). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone has a zap they can share? HELP PLEASE! 

Thanks in advance!

Mara

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 November 2020, 01:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mara T. ,

Thanks for reaching out! I see that Jamie from Support has sent you an email with a few follow up questions to help get you squared away here. Once you’re able to get back with them, they can continue to troubleshoot and get you squared away. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or if you don’t seem to see their email in your inbox (sometimes they can end up in Spam)!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz, 

I have not received an email from Jamie. I also submitted a request to be contacted, can you please have Jamie contact me at that specific email address provided. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mara T. 

I’m going to send you a direct message here in the Community so that we can check that the message that we sent was to the right email address. Could you check your direct messages and get back to me there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mara T.!

Happy to see that you’ve reached out to our Support team and they’ve helped you out with this. Sounds like you’re good to go for now. For anyone else who finds this thread, here’s what the response from our Support team was:

It looks like our current integration with Salesforce does not support line items. We do have a feature request that is opened for this though.
I’ve added your email to the list of interested users which will help increase priority and you’ll get a notification once this option becomes available!

I’m going to mark this answer as the “Best Answer” but that doesn’t mean that the issue itself is resolved. Marking it as such highlights it and attaches it to the original post, thus improving its visibility :)