Best answer

Uploads a custom video thumbnail to YouTube and sets it for a video

Userlevel 3

Hi, When I uploads a video to youtube through the zap, 
How can i uploads a custom video thumbnail to youtube, Can i upload the images same file name to the folder and sets it for the video.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 May 2020, 03:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jack2020s Could you share a little more detail about what you’re trying to do here?

It sounds like you’re using the YouTube Upload Video action. Could you let us know what other actions are in your Zap (if any), and what trigger you’re using? The thing that we really need to know is where the images are coming from that you want to use as the thumbnail. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Hi @jack2020s Could you share a little more detail about what you’re trying to do here?

It sounds like you’re using the YouTube Upload Video action. Could you let us know what other actions are in your Zap (if any), and what trigger you’re using? The thing that we really need to know is where the images are coming from that you want to use as the thumbnail. 

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for you replay.

i hope when i upload the video, it also can be upload the thumbnail.

just like this:

add thumbnail
in the same folder

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @jack2020s ,

We also had this question a while ago, but this is not possible unfortunately. Zapier does have a feature request for this so maybe in the future we will be able to use it.

In the meantime, you could use a bot / custom automation my team and I created for this. Let me know if you are interested.

~Bjorn

Userlevel 3

Hi there @jack2020s ,

We also had this question a while ago, but this is not possible unfortunately. Zapier does have a feature request for this so maybe in the future we will be able to use it.

In the meantime, you could use a bot / custom automation my team and I created for this. Let me know if you are interested.

~Bjorn

how can i do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jack2020s! As @ForYourIT mentioned, we have an open feature request for this. Your vote has been added to it, and if it gets implemented we’ll notify you via email :)

In the meantime, it sounds like ForYourIT had offered to help via an automation/bot that their team created so you could reach out to them if you’re interested!

Hi there @jack2020s ,

~Bjorn

@ForYourIT Hi, Can u share the automation too?

Thanks

Hi, I’d also love to have this added!

Thanks,

Jess

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JessicaP - I’ve added you to that feature request, thanks!

I would also like this feature to add YouTube thumbnail. Please let me know when you add it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SSS I have added you as an interested user so that you will be contacted when/if this becomes a reality!

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody, im also really interessted in this feature. so please set me to that list too - and im interested in that bot. So please inform me :-) Thanks ahead Katie

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KatieK!

I’ve added you to that feature request, as well :)

Hi, kindly add me as well, i also do want this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @doubliyo!

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that request, too!

Userlevel 1

Hey team +1 on this one as well, would love to be able to upload a thumbnail when running the zap!

Is there some solution right now? Still no thumbnail field in the action “YouTube/Upload video”.

Userlevel 1

I would also very much like this feature. In fact, I was quite surprised when I found it wasn’t there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Automateallthethings @Flecki @automarketer!

I’ve added all of you to the feature request. It’s still open, meaning we have not yet added it. I don’t have an ETA, unfortunately.

Hello! 

I also would really, really want this option. Please add me to the feature request. Thank you,

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ChrisP! Thanks for your reply, I’ve added you to this feature request 🙂

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the feature request. Whether the feature is for an option to upload a graphic or a field for an image URL, it would save a step. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @unmanual!

Your vote has been added to that feature request, which means you'll be notified via email when it's been implemented.

Userlevel 1

+1 I need this feature to add a custom thumbnail to uploaded videos. This has been idle too long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @bourbonpursuit!

I’ve added your vote to that feature request which helps to increase its priority. I don’t have an ETA on when it would be implemented but we’ll be sure to send you an email to let you know when it is! :)

Userlevel 1

I’d also like to add a vote for this feature.