Question

Upload ChatGPT message into Google Sheet

• 14 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,
I need to re-build my old chat on ChatGPT4 that was using the Zapier plug-in in order to upload some information returned by ChatGPT4 into a Google Spreadsheet.

After the recent changes in ChatGPT4 (probably related to customGPT), my old chat can’t integrate anymore with Zapier and it seems ChatGPT4 is not able anymore to upload that information.

Before these changes, when I asked to ChatGPT to upload that information in Google Sheet via Zapier, it sent the request in a JSON format, and Zapier had an action to do that istantly.

Now I would like to build the same thing with the new AI Actions, but it turned very complicated.

Any help? Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Andrea Gattini. Welcome to the Community! 👋

Can I just double-check, have you’ve created a custom GPT that you’re attempting to add an AI Action to? Or are you wanting to use them in the standard ChatGPT conversation via the plugin? Just want to make sure we’re 100% certain on where you’re wanting the use the AI action so we can give the most relevant advice.

And can you tell us a bit more about that the JSON request to Google Sheets was doing? Was it just adding a new row of data into a Google sheets spreadsheet? If so, it should definitely be possible to set up an AI action that carries out that same function without needing to get ChatGPT to specifically format some custom JSON for the request. 

We can’t see into your account so any further details or screenshots you can share of the current setup and errors you’re running into here would be much appreciated. Remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses, API Keys etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Not sure at this point whether you’re wanting to use AI actions within the Zapier ChatGPT plugin still or a custom GPT, but we have some help guides and blog posts that you may find useful:

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!