Best answer

Upload a Mail Attachment to a Hubspot Deal

• 23 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All

I have just discover Zapier and I am trying to understand its use to create a deal in Hubspot directly from an email.

I’ve managed to do it but I do not know How to also upload the attacment.

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regardds

icon

Best answer by william 24 May 2021, 19:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@xabain2003 

I think you might be able to use the “Create Form Submission” action step - upload a file that way.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Andrew but I think it is a different subject.

The idea is to upload the file that is in the attachment with the deal.; when I look at the form submission it is asking for an url.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@xabain2003 Hmm, ok then. I don’t think it’s possible.

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot for your care a quick response¡

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@xabain2003 it looks like isn’t available at its time but we do have a feature request filed for adding Attachment support to the Create Deal action. I’ve added your vote to the interested user’s list so that we can be sure to alert you ASAP if Hubspot is able to add the attachment functionality to their Zapier integration.

I have successfully configured a zap that once a document is completed in PandaDoc it will drop a URL to a PDF version of the completed document into a custom property in HubSpot so that HubSpot users without an active PandaDoc license can view the completed file.

I am wondering, is there anyway to have Zapier drop a PDF from a completed PandaDoc document into the “Attachments” property in a HubSpot deal record? I have looked for it when configuring the zap but did not see that as an available property to update in HubSpot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @code4ss 

Good question.

You’d likely have to use the HubSpot API to upload Files, then associate those Files to Notes, and Notes are associated to Deals.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/files/files

EXAMPLE of the Activity created when uploading an Attachment on a Deal.

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @code4ss! Thanks for reaching out in community. I hope you don’t mind, I merged your question into a related topic.

As @william mentioned there isn’t any support for the Attachment field in the Create/Update Deal actions. 😔 I did add your vote to the feature request though! While I can’t guarantee when or if this will get implemented, your vote ensures you’ll be emailed if this does go live. We’ll also keep the topic updated as well. 🙂

As a few others have pointed out in the thread, I think you’ve identified a great workaround with uploading the URL. Troy also suggested another way which is using Webhooks by Zapier and the Hubspot API. I wanted to be sure to mention that Webhooks is a bit more of an advanced approach and as a result there’s less support offered around it though.