Best answer

Updating Monday.com CRM from Shopify

• 13 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I need help in setting up the following:

New order in Shopify updates 2 columns in an item in Monday.com CRM. Specifically, when I receive a new order from a CURRENT CUSTOMER, I would like the Total Order Count and Total Spent columns updated for that customer. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 October 2023, 23:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @4everBound 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I’d be happy to, but I can’t even get much beyond my Shopify trigger of New Order.  I’ve searched the boards for something similar and found this but it just doesn’t work at all.

Trigger: Shopify — New Order
Action: Monday — Get Item by Column Value (find the item using something that exists in Monday and that Shopify will provide in the New Order trigger)
Action: Monday — Change Multiple Columns Value (use a custom value for the Item ID, mapping the field from the search step)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4everBound 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context about where you are having issues?

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Here’s what I had.  I suspect the highlighted section of Item ID is the problem? 

*Item ID dropdown does not let me select the Item ID column in monday.com

below is a screenshot of the monday.com board and item

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4everBound 

The Monday step Item ID field expects the Monday Item ID, rather than a Shopify Order ID.

You would need to add another Monday step first to find the Monday Item by searching for a matching value in a field.

Userlevel 1

Could you tell me specifically what monday.com event that would be? 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@4everBound 

Action: Monday — Get Item by Column Value (find the item using something that exists in Monday and that Shopify will provide in the New Order trigger)

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @4everBound! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗