Question

Updates from Salesforce sent by Outlook

• 3 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier Community!

There is a question from the newcomer!

I have a task to send updated reports on our sales team which should be taken from the salesforce. They are in my SFDC folder and should be sent to the group of emails via Outlook. The task should be done on weekly basis. It seems to me that this can be automated.  And as I am absolutely new to Zapier, I would appreciate it much if you’ll give me any ideas how to start!

BR 

Vitaly.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vitaly Lifanov ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome!

Have you checked out the Salesforce + Outlook integration page yet? This is where you can check out all the Triggers and Actions available with each app. 

I’m tagging in Zapier Expert @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu as he has a great Zap that could help with your scheduling here! Thanks in advance, Andrew :relaxed:

Userlevel 1

Hi  @Liz_Roberts !

Thank you for reaching me! I have looked through the topic quite a long ago. But at that time I haven't find the answer. In case @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu has some ideas or at list he has a link where I can search for the solution - it would be great!

:grinning:

BR

Vitaly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Vitaly Lifanov!

It sounds like you’re trying to send reports that already exist is that right? If that’s the case then it’s not possible to use the Salesforce integration to trigger the Zap. You’d need to store the Salesforce reports in a folder online (eg Google Drive, Dropbox, etc) and then trigger the Zap every 2 weeks by using a Calendar app or the Schedule by Zapier app. 

You’d then need a Zap step to find the report in the folder and another to send the email. I hope that helps!