Question

Update Clio Matter by adding to existing field, rather than replacing content?

• 26 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

When using the Update Clio matter action, then selecting a feild to update, is there a way to add to what’s already in the field, rather than replacing it?

Thank you, 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JLO 

Good question.

For clarity and context, can you outline a specific example for us, and include screenshots?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @JLO 👋, I’d love to help out. I agree with Troy, it would be super helpful to have some screenshots or a bit more detail on the Zap you’d like to piece together. In situations like this, knowing the trigger + app, Action + app, and end goal helps us figure out how to help you out best. Let us know if we can still help out with this!

Badge

Thank you. I haven’t started yet. I’m going to modify the zap discussed here to update one of my custom fields with text from the email. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to add that text to what’s already in the field rather than just replacing it. 

I’ll add more once I start working on it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks @JLO for keeping up posted, and do let us know once you start going if you run into any roadbumps, we’re here to help! 

Best- 
Rachael