Best answer

Update a opportunity in Sales Force - CustomField

• 17 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

in our Salesforce we have certain field like “Next Steps” that will be posted in the “Opportunity Field History” each time I change the content of this field.

I would like to use zapier to grab the comment in trello and replace the “Field: Next Steps » value” with the value of the new entered comment in Trello.

I can grab the content in trello BUT i dont really understand or finde the right action with the Salesforce App to Update or replace the field value of the Field “Next Steps”.

Any suggestion?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 July 2020, 01:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @abuis78!

Here’s how I think you’d want to approach that.

Use the Find Record search action in order to find your opportunity. Once you have that, you should be able to use the Update Record action, then instead of choosing an opportunity from the dropdown, you would map the ID that you found i your search step. And then you’d also type or map a field into the Next Step field.

NOTE: those actions are in the most updated version of the Salesforce integration. If you’re using a legacy version you’ll see something like Find An Opportunity or Find a Custom Object.

Can you see if any of what I’ve said helps to point you i the right direction :)