Best answer

Unable to turn on Zap with Gmail & Clearbit ?

• 19 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have created and tested a zap which was working fine ? But when I tried to turn it on the below message is popping up. 

Please help on how to bypass the following. As, I am very new to Zapier don't know if it's something I have missed.

icon

Best answer by RahulNairZap 19 April 2020, 10:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! have you tried just clicking on “approved apps” or logging into Clearbit via Google?

Hi Saastronomical,

Yes, i clicked om approved apps but it doesn't mention Clearbit in the list.

I am able to login into clearbit with google. The problem arise when I am trying to switch on my Zap.

That is when the message comes and this is what it says :-

"

Starting May 26, 2019, users with a consumer Gmail account - which end in @gmail.com or @googlemail.com - will have limitations on which apps they can send Gmail information to, in compliance with Google's new security protocols. These accounts look like this in your Gmail dashboard

Business Gmail accounts—which have a custom domain on their email address like @mywebsite.com —can still use the Gmail integration with any app on Zapier without limitations. These accounts look like this in your Gmail dashboard (note the yellow banner) ”.

So, Just wanted to know is there any workaround on the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh! That’s frustrating - I’m sorry I don’t know of one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Unfortunately @RahulNairZap - it’s as the help message says. Due to security restrictions posed by Google on everyone (including Zapier), people with free Gmail accounts can only create zaps connecting to certain Google-approved apps - Clearbit isn’t one. 

If you want to keep using a free Gmail account there isn’t really a workaround other than maybe writing data to a Google Sheet from Gmail and then triggering another zap on a new row in a Google Sheet and writing to Clearbit.