Best answer

Unable to find Template doc

• 19 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I am unable to find the template document in the search or by tying in template document column

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 23 November 2022, 14:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Listing 

Good question.

Try using the ‘Custom’ option to input the ID of the GDoc Template which can be found at the end of the browser URL.

I tried using the ID but unable to see the template fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Listing 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Make sure to reference this help article for how to properly configure your template dynamic placeholder fields: https://zapier.com/blog/create-autopopulate-google-docs-template/

The fields in the template are as below screenshots, 

There are 50 such fields from poem1 title, poem1, poem 2 title, poem 2 …. poem21 title, poem 21..

When i update the template in zap it shows only 4 fileds and the first page field i.e book title and name  is not shown.. 

The screenshot of zap 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Listing

There can’t be spaces in the {{VariableName}}.

From the provided help article:

Make sure you have the double braces on both sides and that there are no spaces between words.

There is no space in the variables. I tried the same on another platform and its working fine. Zapier customer support has said that there is bug in their system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Listing , I followed along with your support tickets and looks like you have resolved things with them. Again, our apologies that we don’t have a better resolution for what is going awry with the template error you are running into; I know it’s not an answer anyone likes to hear. 

We wish you all the best with your continued work in all thing automation, and please reach out should you have any other questions.