Question

Two data inputs from Airtable to email out from Email by Zapier

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey there, wondering if someone can help me. I work for a membership site and want to send new members a welcome email, but extracting information from two sources on Airtable. One source is the new members details and the other is a table with that week’s latest Mailchimp campaign link(we want new members to receive that week’s newsletter)

When a member joins, their information goes on Table 1.

When a newsletter gets sent out, a Table 2 is populated with the Campaign Link from Mailchimp. The view I want to use filters the links so that only the latest week’s link is sent out.

I want to use Zapier to say “Hello [Member Name from table 1], Thank you for joining blah blah blah. This weeks newsletter can be found here [Link from table 2]” automatically.

At the moment I was thinking of using Airtable - New Record in view > Airtable - Find Record > Then the Zapier email app. Wondered if there was an easier way of doing this? I can’t seem to work out a search formula that works.

Thank you in advance

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@PurpleRia the workflow you have described seems to be one that would work. Did you try and bump into any issues? 

@Nate Thanks for your reply. That’s great, I have been mulling it over for a while. I got to the search formula for the “Find Record” option and don’t seem to work out the correct formula so thought maybe it wasn’t possible

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@PurpleRia would you be able to share a screenshot of the “Find Record” step so we can troubleshoot for you? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @PurpleRia!

Did you manage with the Find Record search query you needed here? Let us know if that worked out for you or if you have more details to share here👍